Sunmark and the Environment
As a British Columbia based company, we are concerned about the environment that surrounds us and our impact upon it. However, you may not be aware of the many initiatives that are undertaken during the building of a Sunmark community. Below are a few of the design and construction strategies that have been incorporated into the homes of a Sunmark community.
Green Site Strategies
- Extensive stormwater management system promotes infiltration, and limits disruption and pollution of natural water flows.
- Tree-planting and tree-retention program reduces environmental disturbance, improves air quality, and contributes to a beautiful community.
- Construction waste recycling and waste management program is in effect.
- Native species planting areas are incorporated into the site area to promote natural flora and fauna conservation.
- Kitchens are equipped with low-energy applances and convenient recycling bins.
Resource Efficient Materials
- Low-E windows provide better insulation, limit heat buildup in warmer months, and reduce damage from UV light.
- To further minimize waste, finger-jointed studs are incorporated to maximize the use of materials.
- All bathrooms feature single flush toilets to conserve water.